Saturday, August 17, 2013

Isabel 2nd Birthday

 My baby turned 2 on the 13th!  Sniff and wipe away a tear.  She's been a typical 2 year-old for a little bit- tantrums and all.  She can be ooooooooh so adorable.  She can also be pretty scary when she throws her tantrums.  Mostly she's just plain cute.  We love her feminine touch- random kisses and hugs.

We also love her spirited personality.  She loves to laugh and make us laugh.  She loves a ball more than anything other object in the world. She's feisty and doesn't take crap from anyone!  She dishes it out to her brothers sometimes though.

She's saying more and more words: palla, Ciao, no!, Mia! (mine!), Mamma, Papa`, do-dan (Jordan), Aaaa-oh (Aaron), nonna (grandma), nonno (grandpa), pee pee, cacca, go, via...
 Aaron and Jordan are really into birthday celebrations and were willing helpers to draw a picture for their sister and to wrap her present.
It's amazing how each little spirit comes into the world with their own talents, personalities, difficulties.  Each of us is born with great strength and ability to face challenges and to be able to grow and change.  As adults I think we get lost in the business of life, in what's before us, and somehow we lose some of our courage.  We get discouraged and overwhelmed.  But looking at these little ones, and in particular this little one, I'm reminded that we are born with great abilities and strength.  We are born to overcome the challenges of life.  We are born to love and to grow.

So I'm grateful for my little girl that is teaching me, and reminding me how great it is to be a girl, to live and to love!  I can't imagine my life without her.

2 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

auguri, non ci credo sono gia' passati 2 anni!!!

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

I am so glad you have little Isabel in your life. Such an adorable little one. I still can't believe how much she has changed since we saw her last. Happy Birthday, pretty girl!