Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Remembering Friends

Making friends is a lot harder around here than at home. Most of the time mine are the only children at the park. Most kids from 1 up are in day care/school all day, and then they spend in the evening in the house with their parents. This makes making friends rather hard since my children won't be able to start school until next year, and there's no one around us or even at the park.

We did make friends with a wonderful family from Libya. They have 2 boys that are about 1 year younger than Aaron and Jordan respectively. We loved having friends to play with and I loved their mother. She is a faithful muslim woman who taught me a lot.

Sadly they moved back to Libya. They were here for his Master's, but with political changes in their country and Italy suddenly cutting off their scholarship they needed to go home. I've had a rough week since they've moved. We will never ever forget our friends!

Missing what felt like my only friend (close by) made me think of all of the other friends that I love so dearly and have recently left too. Way too much crying last week.

Fortunately feeling a little better now. To all my friends, and unfortunately I don't have a way of contacting all of you, I'm attempting a post to tell you personally that I'm so grateful for your friendship. I'm grateful for your love. I'm grateful that I've been so blessed to have your good influence. I'm also grateful that these bonds last a life time, and not just the short time I spent with you. Life is about loving and lifting those around you. Thank you for your friendship! I've been lifted.
Going away party. Thanks for the good Libyan food Basma. You're a good cook!
Saleh was making Isabel laugh. It was so sweet.
This is the park that we always played at together. We were so lucky that the last 2 days before they left we had really good weather and could play outside.

2 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

we sure miss you too.

Julie said...

I'm sorry your friends left. That is the worst feeling. I'm going through the same thing right now and it's too hard. It has been hard for Hannah to make friends as well-- for those same reasons. Wish we lived closer so that we could have regular play dates and hang outs!