Monday, January 30, 2012

What's for dinner?

If you don't like stories about children and boogers, I recommend that you stop reading now. If you don't like being grossed out by what they do, again, stop reading now.

2 nights ago I was desperately trying to get Aaron to eat something before going to bed, knowing that he would wake up in the middle of the night hungry (this has happened more than once). We even made pizza to make him happy, which he didn't eat.

I was trying to brush his teeth getting ready for bed and it was a fight (as usually). As a stalling tactic he starting picking his nose- deep! I was so glad that there were no witnesses to this scene. As I was protesting the deep finger diving and trying to explain good manners to Aaron he popped out a huge, dark-green booger! I tried to hurry and grab his hand so that I could then grab a kleenex for the treasure he pulled out. He was faster than me though. He quickly turned his back and shoved his hand in his mouth. Oh Yuck!

He then turned around to start chewing on his only dinner he'd had that night. It was work, and he even had to stick his fingers in his mouth to unstick it a bit from his teeth. Disgusting. I said to myself as I then brushed his teeth: "I'm so sorry Jordan that you love this tooth brush and will likely use it next! Please forgive your mother!"

4 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Yummy! ;) Ha, ha! Thanks for the laugh.

Scott and Karin said...

HA HA! I think I may have thrown up a little in my mouth! Did I ever tell you about the time while I was pregnant with Annicka and working at Giant Steps that there was a kid who got a giant booger, ate it and then about five minutes later he smiled and it was all in his teeth? I'm dry heaving a little thinking about it right now! Love you!

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

I don't know what's up with kids and eating buggers. Likely Roberto never did, he would stick them on the back of his shirts. He is done doing it, so there is hope there. But I have witness many kids eating their buggers.

Juelee said...

I LOVE your honesty.... Your blog is one of my favorites to read because it's REAL. Abbie has recently started enjoying the digging. Fortunately, she's good to find a tissue...hopefully that habit will linger.