Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Putting out fires

There's not a lot of anything special going on around here.  It's just the daily grind of convincing my kids to take turns, brush their teeth, not to punch each other to death, to remember to say please and thank you... In addition there's the rule of no splashing lots of water out of the bathtub.  For those of you who have never lived in a cement only house where 100% humidity prevails and seeps in through the walls, it hard to keep my bathroom dry, despite the heater in the bathroom.  I always have to wipe down the walls and floors because there's constantly water/dew on them.

Well yesterday I walked back in the bathroom after stepping out for 4.3 seconds and the floor was already covered in water and Aaron was spouting water from a toy whale ALL OVER.  I asked him what on earth he was doing.  He answered me "but mom!  The water's on fire!  I'm putting out the fire."  There was indeed mist coming up from the water, a mini fog (because of our high density humidity).  Despite being a little annoyed about all the water on the floor, I had to laugh!  So we had a little talk about mist verses smoke from fire.  Sigh.



No comments: