Sunday, August 12, 2012

7th Anniversary

Well we made it to and from Bern, Switzerland safely.  It was a fast trip with little sleep for Paolo and I, but I'm glad I went.  Grateful to find some peace.



 Aaron was the family photographer.  :)


 We accidently took the long way home from the temple, and I'm so glad that we did!  We passed by a lot of gorgeous lakes and mountains.  We stopped at one and let the kids swim.  The water was probably about 70 degrees (20 C).  It was cool, but ok to play in for a little bit.









Today is our 7th anniversary.  It's funny how it seems like not too long ago, and at other times like forever ago.  Today we celebrate marriage, love, friendship, work, sacrifice, hard and good times.  I am personally grateful for all of them as they have helped us grow together.  I think marriage is very much a living thing that needs nourishing and love and lots of giving.  I'm also convinced that as we are required to give up selfish parts of us to make marriage work, that we become what we were created to become.  I'm grateful to not have to do this life alone and I love my sweetheart, Paolo!

1 comment:

Scott and Karin said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm glad you got to go to the temple! I'm sure it was much needed. I love you, Jew!