Saturday, August 18, 2012

some finished sewing projects

 It usually takes me FOREVER to finish a project.  I'm really good at starting them, and have a hard time finding enough time to finish them.  So here are two recently finished quilts.  The first one is for our little friend Lara that was born about 2 months ago.  Considering I've known since the 20 week ultrasound that she's a girl, it's taken me a while.  The biggest reason is that I'm not able to free-motion quilt my quilts right now.
 The second quilt is a surprise.  There's a quilt challenge being hosted by the Salt Lake City Modern Quilt Guild using a dresden ruler.  The competition starts September 1st, so I'll be posting pictures of my quilt on that date.  It's the first time I've finished something "quickly" relatively speaking.

 These are wonky log cabins, and I made one for Isabel and one for our friend.  Obviously I finished our friend's first.  Isabel has all smaller blocks, and this one has big and small ones.

6 comments:

Traci said...

Those are so cute!

The Tylkas said...

It turned out so cute!!!

Unknown said...

so great, julie! i'm in the process of trying to see if my sewing machine will fit on top of our car (or if i want a choice in footwear instead...) you're so talented!!

Carli The Quilter said...

Love this wonky log cabins.I haven't seen this version before, well done!

Kati said...

I love how this turned out Julie! You did a great job.

Lia said...

Julie, I miss you! I have been thinking a lot about you and it's been way too long since I checked on you. Your family is beautiful and your quilting is amazing. LOVE!