Friday, August 17, 2012

E.R. nurse nightmare

As an E.R. nurse I have the paranoia of small children playing with balloons for the reason that if it pops and goes down their airway, it's really hard to resuscitate a child with an inflatable balloon in their airway.

That being said I had the following conversation with Aaron on the way home tonight.

Aaron: Oh Mom, this piece of candy, what is it like?

Me: What do you mean Aaron?

A: It's like a balloon!

Me:  How is it like a balloon?

A: You tell me mom.

Me:  Is it like a balloon because they're both round?

A:  No!

Me:  Then how are they alike?

Aaron:  You can break both of them with your teeth!

Me:  Aaron, you don't break balloons with your teeth!

A:  Yes you can!

me:  You can break balloons with your hands or your feet, but not with your teeth.

A: Yes you can!

Moral of the story, I still have some work to do when it comes to balloon safety!

No comments: