Wednesday, August 29, 2012

End of the summer

I was trying to get my email time in and Jordan was wanting to take advantage of Aaron going back to summer school yesterday with getting cartoons that his brother doesn't get to watch.  I told Jordan that I had to do my exercise video before he could watch cartoons.  So he handed me my pilates band.  I put in the dvd in the hopes that I would get there very quickly.  While waiting for me, he started doing my exercises too.  It was funny so here's a little sneak video that I got.

 Summer is starting to wind down.  The last 2 weeks have been hotter than Hades.  No kidding. 40-45 centigrade (102-110 F) with humidity.  Plus air conditioning is considered "unhealthy" around here.  So of course we don't have it.  I feel like the witch from the wizard of Oz that yells "I'm melting, I'm melting!"  Fortunately the last two days it's started to cool off at night.  We're finally getting down into the 70's at night and we can cool the house off.

The angle of the sun has started to change and the days are getting decidedly shorter.  I can feel the change coming on.  And even though I HATE the heat, I'm almost getting melancholy or nostalgic for the summer that is promising to leave us soon.
And Jordan is our photographer for this picture!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad the heat is on its way out. Hope you had a fantastic summer, and that having BOTH boys in school this fall works out :)

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

ah ah la cervicale!! Tutti con le sciarpe lo so, pero' tanti dei miei cugini hanno messo l'aria condizionata lo stesso, cerca di convincere Paolo per la prossima estate