Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Isabel's first birthday

 I think she realized that she's going to turn 1 and decided to start walking by pushing around our neighbor's chair the day before her birthday (the 13th).
We are having some work done on our house and I was gone all day with the kids to keep the boys from trying to play with the tools and trying to help.  They love to help, and as often as I can, I let them, but...   It's also hotter than Hades and  humid, and air conditioning doesn't exist in most households, so I didn't feel like turning on the oven anyway.  So we didn't make a cake or cupcakes.  I bought some waffles from our local discount store and put whipped cream on top.  She had fun anyway.  Chocolate next year my dear.
 Paolo got carried away with the whipped cream and wrote the number 1 on her head.


 then on me
 then on himself
 I can't believe it's already been a year since she was born (and therefore 8 weeks shy of when we moved to Italy)!  She is by far my most pleasant baby.
And finally one of the reasons that I really, really love having a girl is right here.... I get to be a girl too. :)

5 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

auguri !!!

Heidi said...

happy birthday to the girly girl!! you are the cutest mom ever, jules! So glad you have a little sweetheart to enjoy :)

Scott and Karin said...

A year already?! I can hardly believe it either! Happy Birthday Isabel!

Brianna Smith said...

Tanti Auguri a Isabel! What a doll! You can tell she is always a happy baby. Love the toe polish! I know she loves it too! Cna't believe it's been almost a year already that you moved back to Italy. Time flies so fast!

Traci said...

I can't believe it has been a year already! She is such a sweetheart. I love that bottom picture of your toes- you should have it framed! :)